Come sail on Lake Tahoe’s West Shore! This program allows for a wide range of abilities to harness the power of the wind on beautiful Lake Tahoe. All skill levels are welcome - from a first time experience to learning how to sail independently. Lessons will consist of learning basic water safety, boating skills, tacking, jibing, rigging, and much more!
This program is made possible thanks to our partner Tahoe City Public Utility District.
Schedule & Rates
Sailing lessons are set up as a 4 day series. We encourage you to sign up for all 4 days in the week for the best experience. If you cannot attend all 4 days, please contact us so that we can adjust the schedule to accommodate your needs.
Summer 2021 Dates:
June 29- July 2
July 13 - 16
July 27 - 29
August 3 - 6
August 10 - 13
August 17 - 20
Each day is 10:00am - 4:00pm with a hour lunch break.
Cost: $228 per 4 day session
If cost is a barrier to your ability to participate with Achieve Tahoe, please apply for a scholarship here.
Please complete and return the following forms prior to participating in an activity with us.
- Participant Information Form
- Liability Releases (be sure to fill out releases 1, 2 and 3)
- TCPUD Waiver
- TCPUD COVID-19 Questionnaire
Completed forms can be sent by email, fax, or mail.
Email to: [email protected]
Fax to: (530) 999-2245
Mail to: Achieve Tahoe, P.O. Box 8339, Truckee, CA 96162
- Maintain social distancing protocol of 6 feet of separation from non-related parties independently or with the assistance of a care provider when not actively participating in an activity.
- Wear an appropriate protective face covering when in close contact with others, except when on the water.
- Attest independently or with the assistance of a care provider whether one has potentially been exposed to or has contracted COVID19.
- Remove oneself from the activity independently or with the assistance of a care provider if showing signs of illness.
Essential Eligibility Criteria for Participation
For the health and safety of our community, in order to participate in the Achieve Tahoe Sailing Program, a participant must meet the criteria listed below.
- Participant is able to turn face-up from a face-down floating position in the water, while wearing an approved personal flotation device.
- If the participant has had a traumatic injury, or surgery/medical treatments that affected your activities of daily living in the past 12 months, they can only participate with a doctor’s release.
- If help is needed with bladder or bowel routine, feeding tube, or administering prescription medications care provider or family member will be present to assist.
- Participant can be independent of supplemental oxygen for a sustained period of time at high elevations.
- For participants with Down Syndrome, the participant must have been examined by a physician for Neurologic Symptoms of Atlantoaxial Instability, found the symptoms to be absent, and has been cleared to participate in high risk sports.
Essential Eligibility Criteria for the Tetra Sailboat:
For participants who can not independently turn themselves from a face-down to a face-up floating position in the water, an approved Achieve Tahoe personal flotation device is required. Call for details.