Sierra Summer Sports
- Schedule & Rates
- Sign Up
Enjoy a day of water sports fun! Get your fill of canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, Sea Doo-riding, and tubing on beautiful Donner Lake. All activities are guided by our experienced Achieve Tahoe staff and volunteers. The day includes a picnic lunch.
This program is best suited for individuals with disabilities over the age of five and is designed to be experienced with family and friends.
2023 Schedule & Rates
- June 21, 22, 23, and 24
- July 12, 13, 14, 15, 26, 27, 28, and 29
- August 9, 10, 11, 23, 24, 25, and 26
Full Day: $100
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
If cost is a barrier to your ability to participate with Achieve Tahoe, please apply for a scholarship.
SICKNESS POLICY: For the protection of staff, volunteers and all other participants, we ask that anyone who has or exhibits any of the following please refrain from participating in our programs or activities:
- Sore throat
- Chicken Pox
- Runny Nose
- Any other contagious illnesses/diseases including influenza or COVID-19
Many of our participants have compromised immune systems, and exposure to viral and/or bacterial infection could have serious consequences. If Achieve Tahoe determines that a participant is too sick to participate, parents or emergency contacts of that person will be notified and are responsible for pick-up within a reasonable time-period.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Please give notice of cancellation at least 24 hours in advance to receive an Achieve Tahoe credit, which can be used towards any future Achieve Tahoe Program.
If you are sick, or feeling sick, please contact Achieve Tahoe to cancel your reservation as far in advance as possible, and before the start of the program. In the case of illness, you can either:
- Request a credit, which can be used towards any future Achieve Tahoe Program
- Request a refund, minus at 15% processing fee.
Essential Eligibility Criteria for Participation
For the health and safety of our community, in order to participate in the Achieve Tahoe Sierra Summer Sports Program, a participant must meet the criteria listed below.
- If the participant has had a traumatic injury, or surgery/medical treatments that affected your activities of daily living in the past 12 months, they can only participate with a doctor’s release.
- If help is needed with bladder or bowel routine, feeding tube, or administering prescription medications care provider or family member will be present to assist.
- Participant must be able to breathe independently without any medical devices that sustain breathing.
- Participant is able to turn face-up from a face-down floating position in the water, while wearing an approved personal flotation device.
- For participants with Down Syndrome, the participant must have been examined by a physician for Neurologic Symptoms of Atlantoaxial Instability, found the symptoms to be absent, and has been cleared to participate in high risk sports.
Location for Sierra Summer Sports
Sierra Summer Sports takes place at the West End Beach of Donner Lake.
Please complete and return the following forms to sign up for Sierra Summer Sports.
Once you have completed all your forms, you will be sent a link to sign up for summer programs starting May 9, 2023.
If you have any questions about this program or the reservations process, please call us for assistance at (530) 581-4161 x6.
If cost is a barrier to your ability to participate with Achieve Tahoe, please apply for a scholarship..