Enjoy a day of water sports fun! Get your fill of canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, Sea Doo-riding, and tubing on beautiful Donner Lake. All activities are guided by our experienced Achieve Tahoe staff and volunteers. The day includes a picnic lunch. Sign up for at least 2 days to get plenty of time with each sport.
This program is best suited for individuals with disabilities over the age of five and is designed to be experienced with family and friends.
Schedule & Rates
Summer 2021 Sierra Summer Sports Dates:
July 9th, 10th, 11th, 16th, 17th, 18th
August 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th, 15th
Each day is 10:00am - 3:00pm with a 1 hour lunch break from 12:00-1:00.
Price is $100/per person/per day. Pricing includes all water activities, entrance into the West End Beach on Donner Lake, and lunch.
Guests who do not want to participate can sign up to receive lunch for $10 per day.
If cost is a barrier to your ability to participate with Achieve Tahoe, please apply for a scholarship.
Please complete and return the following forms prior to participating in an activity with us.
Completed forms can be sent by email, fax, or mail.
Email to: [email protected]
Fax to: (530) 999-2245
Mail to: Achieve Tahoe, P.O. Box 8339, Truckee, CA 96162
- Maintain social distancing protocol of 6 feet of separation from non-related parties independently or with the assistance of a care provider when not actively participating in an activity.
- Wear an appropriate protective face covering when in close contact with others, except when on the water.
- Attest independently or with the assistance of a care provider whether one has potentially been exposed to or has contracted COVID19.
- Remove oneself from the activity independently or with the assistance of a care provider if showing signs of illness.
Essential Eligibility Criteria for Participation
For the health and safety of our community, in order to participate in the Achieve Tahoe Sierra Summer Sports Program, a participant must meet the criteria listed below.
- If the participant has had a traumatic injury, or surgery/medical treatments that affected your activities of daily living in the past 12 months, they can only participate with a doctor’s release.
- If help is needed with bladder or bowel routine, feeding tube, or administering prescription medications care provider or family member will be present to assist.
- Participant can be independent of supplemental oxygen for a sustained period of time at high elevations.
- Participant is able to turn face-up from a face-down floating position in the water, while wearing an approved personal flotation device.
- For participants with Down Syndrome, the participant must have been examined by a physician for Neurologic Symptoms of Atlantoaxial Instability, found the symptoms to be absent, and has been cleared to participate in high risk sports.
Sign up now to reserve your spot for Sierra Summer Sports 2021!
If you have any questions about this program or the reservations process, please call us for assistance at (530) 581-4161 x6.
If cost is a barrier to your ability to participate with Achieve Tahoe, please apply for a scholarship..