Learn to climb with Achieve Tahoe at the Truckee Community Rec Center. Participants will work one-on-one with an instructor to learn climbing techniques, rope management, and safety communication. Our staff and volunteers are ready to help people of all abilities and skill levels achieve their climbing goals.
Schedule & Rates
Summer 2021 Climbing Dates:
July 15, 22, and 29, and August 5, 12, 19, and 26 from 4:00PM - 6:00PM
July 17, 24, and 31, and August 7, 14, 21, and 28 from 1:00PM - 3:00PM
Price: $50 per session
Capacity: 5 people per session
If cost is a barrier to you ability to participate with Achieve Tahoe, please apply for a scholarship.
Please complete and return the following forms prior to participating in an activity with us.
Completed forms can be sent by email, fax, or mail.
Email to: [email protected]
Fax to: (530) 999-2245
Mail to: Achieve Tahoe, P.O. Box 8339, Truckee, CA 96162
- Maintain social distancing protocol of 6 feet of separation from non-related parties independently or with the assistance of a care provider when not actively participating in an activity.
- Wear an appropriate protective face covering when in close contact with others.
- Attest independently or with the assistance of a care provider whether one has potentially been exposed to or has contracted COVID19.
- Remove oneself from the activity independently or with the assistance of a care provider if showing signs of illness.
For the health and safety of our community, in order to participate in the Achieve Tahoe Climbing Program, a participant must meet the criteria listed below.
- If the participant has had a traumatic injury, or surgery/medical treatments that affected your activities of daily living in the past 12 months, they can only participate with a doctor’s release stating that they have been cleared to participate in high-risk sports.
- If help is needed with bladder or bowel routine, feeding tube, or administering prescription medications care provider or family member will be present to assist.
- Participant can be independent of supplemental oxygen for a sustained period of time at high elevations.
- For participants with Down Syndrome, the participant must have been examined by a physician for Neurologic Symptoms of Atlantoaxial Instability, found the symptoms to be absent, and has been cleared to participate in high risk sports.
Sign up now to reserve your spot for climbing 2021!
If you have any questions about this program or the reservations process, please call us for assistance at 530.581.4161 x 6.
If cost is a barrier to your ability to participate with Achieve Tahoe, please apply for a scholarship.