Essential Eligibility Criteria for Participation
For the health and safety of our community, in order to participate in the Achieve Tahoe Water Skiing Program, a participant must meet the criteria listed below.
- If the participant has had a traumatic injury, or surgery/medical treatments that affected your activities of daily living in the past 12 months, they can only participate with a doctor’s release.
- If help is needed with bladder or bowel routine, feeding tube, or administering prescription medications care provider or family member will be present to assist.
- Participant can be independent of supplemental oxygen for a sustained period of time at high elevations.
- Participant is able to turn face-up from a face-down floating position in the water, while wearing an approved personal flotation device.
- For participants with Down Syndrome, the participant must have been examined by a physician for Neurologic Symptoms of Atlantoaxial Instability, found the symptoms to be absent, and has been cleared to participate in high risk sports.