Return to Play Guidelines- Achieve Tahoe’s COVID-19 Response for Summer 2021
Achieve Tahoe will continue to make the health and safety of our participants and instructors a top priority as we continue to navigate the evolving CDC guidelines concerning COVID-19. We will update this page based on current conditions. We will follow all governmental ordinances as they apply to each program and program site. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we adapt and adjust moving forward.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. The policies outlined below are intended to protect our community.
If you have attended an Achieve Tahoe program in the past 2 weeks and have tested positive for COVID-19, please contact us immediately at 530.581.4161 x6. Your information will be kept confidential.
Participant, Friends & Family Policies for Lessons
- Reservations are required for Achieve Tahoe programs at least 48 hours in advance.
- While indoors, face coverings are always required.
- While outdoors, face coverings are required whenever in close contact with someone outside your household, except when on the water.
- Face coverings must cover nose and mouth. Acceptable face coverings include 2x layer cloth face coverings, disposable medical style facemasks, 2x layered neck gaiters/buff or any form of NIOSH respirator.
- If you cannot comply with face covering requirements as outlined above, please do not participate at this time.
- Continue to practice social distancing to protect vulnerable populations.
- Avoid physical contact, such as shaking hands. Sneeze or cough into a tissue, cloth or your elbow. Practice good hygiene – wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer at arrival.
- Paperwork, which includes participant forms and waivers, must be completed prior to arrival to minimize person to person contact at check-in.
- Any reservations canceled by Achieve Tahoe will receive full refunds. If you need to cancel a lesson due to COVID-19 or stay at home orders, you will receive a full refund.
- Failure to cooperate with the face covering requirement, physical distancing, and updated Achieve Tahoe policies will exclude you from further participation during the pandemic.
- To participate in Achieve Tahoe programs, the following statement must be true:
- I attest that I have not been experiencing any symptoms of illness such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath within the last 14 days, and I do not suspect that I have COVID-19.
- Achieve Tahoe staff and active volunteers have been fully vaccinated.
- Achieve Tahoe staff and volunteers are being trained on our updated COVID-19 policies and will only lead programs once they have completed this training.
- Staff and volunteers undergo daily screening for signs and symptoms of Covid-19 before all programs.
- Anyone with a fever of at least 100.4 or any symptom of illness will not be allowed to come to work.
- Face covering policies apply to all staff and volunteers.
- Hand sanitization stations will be available at each program.
If you have any questions about our policies, please call (530) 581-4161 x6.
Resources for the latest Tahoe, County and State updates on COVID-19:
Resources for Social Distancing and Masks:
- Sesame Street Video to Help Kids with Autism Wear a Mask
- Video Explaining Social Distancing to individuals with cognitive and sensory disabilities.
- Information about masks for individuals with cognitive and sensory disabilities.
- Video on learning to wear masks for individuals with cognitive and sensory disabilities
- Wearing a Mask for Kids Video
- Wearing a Mask Social Story for People with Autism
- CDC recommendations for face masks